(200) MA Cannabis Delivery Drivers Training
Supplement to Basic Core Curriculum
Regulations for Delivery Agents
In addition to the Basic Core Curriculum, all Marijuana Agents acting as delivery employees of a Marijuana Establishment must attend and successfully completed the Delivery Core Curriculum before making a delivery, which shall, to the extent not covered in Basic Core Training, include without limitation, training on:
- Safely conducting deliveries
- Safe cash handling practices
- Securing product following any instance of diversion, theft, or loss of Finished Marijuana Products according to 935 CMR 501.110(1)(m)
- Collecting and communicating information to assist in investigations
- Procedures for checking identification (Basic Core)
- Indications of impairment; and checking ID (Basic Core)
- Strategies for de-escalating potentially dangerous situations (Basic Core)
Overall Objective: Provide the knowledge necessary to safely and efficiently deliver cannabis products to consumers in Massachusetts.
By the end of the training, agents will be able to:
- Understand the legal and regulatory requirements for operating within the cannabis delivery industry.
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of how these regulations are implemented.
- Gain awareness of safe driving practices and compliance with traffic laws and regulations.
- Understand the importance of confidentiality, security, and discretion when delivering cannabis products.
- Develop strategies for maintaining professional boundaries and mitigating risks associated with the delivery of cannabis products.
- Identify potential hazards and risks associated with operating a cannabis delivery business, and understand how to minimize them.